Skip to content

Competition Topics 2021-24 scoring rules changes

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author
      Matt
      Administrator
        The 2021-24 RRS changed the scoring rules some this year. I am still trying to understand everything they did. One item that I see is new Rule A5.3 scores DNF/RET as 1 more than number of starters, versus number of entries. This gives a little benefit for at least showing up to race, vs a DNC. This looks to be where the old “scoring a long series” rule is now located. We used to follow the “scoring a long series” format, which I think was rule A9 in the previous rules.
        I vote we change our Tuesday race SI’s to put Rule 5.3 into effect. Something to consider.

A5.2.
        A boat that did not start, did not sail the course, did not finish, retired or was disqualified shall be scored points for the finishing place one more than the number of boats entered in the series. A boat that is penalized under rule 30.2 or that takes a penalty under rule 44.3(a) shall be scored points as provided in rule 44.3(c).
        A5.3.
        If the notice of race or sailing instructions state that rule A5.3 will apply, rule A5.2 is changed so that, a boat that came to the starting area but did not start, did not sail the course, did not finish, retired or was disqualified shall be scored points for the finishing place one more than the number of boats that came to the starting area, and a boat that did not come to the starting area shall be scored points for the finishing place one more than the number of boats entered in the series.

Viewing 0 reply threads
    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Competition Topics 2021-24 scoring rules changes